Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Statement
explains how Polygon Analytics Ltd. (henceforth: “Polygon
Analytics Ltd.,” “we”, “us” or “our”)
collect, handle, store and protect personal information about you in
the context of our services. It also provides information about your
rights and about how you can contact us if you have questions about
how we handle your information.
Who we are
Polygon Analytics Ltd. is a Scottish private company that
processes document using a Software as a Service (SAAS) model, and it
also sells software for on-premise installations by its customers.
Contact Address: Polygon Analytics Ltd., Attention: Polygon
Analytics Ltd. Privacy Officer, 19a Canninig Street, Edinburgh EH3
8HE, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Who this statement applies to and what it covers
This Statement applies to individuals who use any website,
application, including mobile application ("app"), product, software
or service of ours that hyperlinks to this Statement (we call these
Polygon Analytics Ltd. provides information solutions for
enterprises, technologists and information professionals and our
Services are generally not aimed at children.
Depending on the Service, we may provide additional or different
privacy statements or notices for specific interactions you have with
us or to highlight how we use your personal information for specific
Services. Where we do this, it will be clear which statements apply to
which interactions and Services. For example, if you use one of our
mobile apps, we provide you a separate notice in relation to a
particular data type collected through that app.
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or
applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy
compliance of third party websites or applications. You should check
those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms
that apply to them.
Children’s Privacy. Our Services are not generally aimed at
children. In the limited circumstances where we may collect and use
personal information about children, for example to develop an
educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines and
What types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are purchasing or using.
The personal information we collect consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Account Credentials, such as, passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- User content, such as, communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of the Services
- Payment information, such as, payment card number (credit or debit card), and the security code associated with your payment instrument, if you make a payment
- Device information, such as, information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Location data, for Services with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this separately
Note that we store passwords only in encrypted form, and we never store
credit card information on our servers, but rely on trusted third parties
specialised in high-security payment processing instead.
How we use personal information
This section includes details of the purposes for which we use
personal information and also the different legal grounds upon which
we process that personal information. We use personal information to
provide and improve Services and for other purposes that are in our
legitimate interests as well as for compliance purposes. Further
information is set out below.
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing
your personal information. We process personal information about you
on the basis that it is:
Legitimate interests for use
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a
contract with you, we will process your personal information in order
to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with Services)
- in our legitimate interests as set out in more detail below (e.g.,
provision of Services that we are contractually obliged by a third
party, such as your employer or our subscriber, to deliver to
- where you give us your consent: we only ask for your consent in
relation to specific uses of personal information where we need to
and, if we need it, we will collect it separately and make it clear
that we are asking for consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. to respond to a court
order or a regulator
We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests,
including to provide and improve Services, administer our relationship
with you and our business, for marketing and in order to exercise our
rights and responsibilities. More detailed information about these
legitimate interests is set out below.
- to set up and administer your account, provide technical and
customer support and training, verify your identity, and send
important account, subscription and Service information
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our
third-party providers (e.g., to send invoices)
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research,
reports and business information. We analyze the way you use our
Services to make suggestions to you for features or Services that we
believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our
Services more user-friendly
- to personalize your experience with our Services. We may retain
your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our
Services more relevant and use those insights to target advertising to
you online on our websites and apps. We may sometimes share your
personal information across our Services so that we can make all of
the Services we deliver to you more intuitive (e.g., rather than
requiring you to enter the same data many times)
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you
choose to take part in and to analyze the data collected for market
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve,
test and enhance the features and functions of our Services
- to provide you with marketing as permitted by law
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements,
including our information security obligations (and if your employer
or our subscriber provides for your access to our Services, to meet
their internal and external audit requirements)
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and
property, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other
breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies,
regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities,
including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from
claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or
third parties with whom we work
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale,
merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer
or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or
stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to
your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict
use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object
to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of
personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw
consent to the use of your personal information. Further information
on how to exercise your rights is set out below.
We will honor your rights under applicable data protection
laws. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have
similar rights under the laws of other countries.
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure ('right to be forgotten'): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- Right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- Right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- Right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
In order to exercise your rights, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at our registered office address (see above).
How to obtain further privacy information on our products and
This Statement generally relates to the personal information we
collect about users in connection with the Services, where we make
decisions about how that personal information is handled (Polygon
Analytics Ltd. as a controller). However, you can email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional specific questions
about how we process personal information that our customers input
into our Services and for which Polygon Analytics Ltd. does not make
decisions about (Polygon Analytics Ltd. as a processor).
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in
relation to data protection or this Statement, or any other concerns
about the way in which we process information about you, please
contact our Privacy function at email@example.com.
Sources of personal information
We collect personal information about you from your interactions with us and from certain third parties.
We obtain personal information from you:
What types of personal information we collect
- through your interactions with us and our Services, such as, when you purchase or use our Services, register for an event, request information, sign up for a closed beta-test, or call us for support.
- through your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, protect the security of our systems from break-ins, analyze usage and improve users’ experience.
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services.
- an organization to which you belong where that organization provides you access to our Services
- partners and service providers who work with us in relation to your Service
Filing a Complaint. If you are not content with how Polygon
Analytics Ltd. manages your personal information, you can lodge a
complaint with a privacy supervisory authority. In the European
Economic Area, the relevant supervisory authority is the one in the
country or territory where:
- you are resident
- you work, or
- where the alleged infringement took place.
If you feel unhappy, we would appreciate if you let us know at
firstname.lastname@example.org, so we have a chance to improve our
processes. A list of National Data Protection Authorities in the
European Economic Area can be found
This Policy may be subject to irregular updates. You can review this
page to be informed about any material future changes or additions to
the processing of personal information as described in this Policy; in
addition, by signing up for our newsletter you will be able to ensure
not to miss any changes if you wish to actively track changes.